BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Mothers Day and Poison

Mother's Day weekend was beautiful.  Sometimes I get my mind on something and can't stop.  That was the case last Saturday.  It was a beautiful cool Saturday and I was working in the yard when I noticed how badly the weeds and stuff had grown up between our fence and the neighbors.  It was ugly and making it difficult to mow.  It had overtaken our fence.  I put on gloves and proceeded working on getting everything off the fence.  Joshua came out to help and then Jacob.  After dinner we went back to work on some stuff that had been there for several years and I was so happy to find that we accomplished it.  I wasn't so happy when Jacob and I ended up with poison ivy....and we both get it very severe.  Jack and Josh just had small patches, but Jacob and I got it good!!  Finally Thursday morning I took Jacob to the doctor (we started breaking out Monday night/Tuesday morning).  He was so good.....took one look and then gave him some medicine.  He looked at me and told me to go get seen.  I ran to CVS to get Jake's medicine and NO ONE was in line at minute clinic so I got seen immediately.  Jacob is almost done with his steroids, but I have another week of them.  I am still itchy but doing much better.  At least this time it doesn't look like Jack punched me in the eye!!  I enjoyed a nice mother's day with the kids on Sunday.

 This is just one small patch on my leg....there were many more patches



3 comments:

Monica said...

Oh no! So sorry y'all had to go through that!

Penne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Penne said...

YIKES!!! That does not sound fun at all...your blog is making me itch ;).