BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 11, 2011

Stone Mountain
















Last summer, I thought Jack might have another company trip to Atlanta, so I started researching what our family could do if we went back again. I found out about Stone Mountain. Jack never had to go, but I knew I wanted to take our family, and thus my wheels started turning. I had planned to go spring break, but with the church play and Jack's new job, things just didn't work out so unfortunately, we missed another anniversary Sunday. I picked Jack up on Friday after work and we drove to Concord Mills. We looked around for a little while until the stores closed and then drove to Kings Mountain, NC. We spent the night there. We woke up and drove to Stone Mountain on Saturday. We arrived at the park around 10:45. I LOVED going up the mountain and looking around. It is so gorgeous up there. You could go and spend the entire day up on top. The kids enjoyed a 4-D show, rock climbing, a train ride, ride the ducks, and big barn full up slides, air guns etc....and we didn't even get to do anything. At 8:30 the park showed an INCREDIBLE light show/firework display. It was so awesome, so impressive.....set to about 12 songs! We were tired, but I'm glad we got to see this. I'll post more about the rest of trip later. I'm just so thankful for the family time we can spend and the memories we make for our children. I'm thankful for the credit card points that help pay for the trip (although we don't get much of those any more thanks to Dave).

0 comments: