BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, July 18, 2011

Good Deals....

coat $5...two years worth
sheet...half striped, half dots



reversible comforter



the way we have it now





curtains


Patsy Aiken dress $8...but she can get 2 years with it (kids exchange)




Bonnie Jean winter cord jumper $2.49...only one year for this




Josh Air Jordan's for $5


Kids exchange treasure....Jenna just saw this in the catalog two days prior.....$40 we got it for $10




Shaq shoes $1


My kids now love going to thrift stores. Sometimes we go to Fuquay to get groceries, go to Krispy Kreme and thrift shop. This week we had plenty of opportunity. Wed we did just this and went to Fuquay. I got Jenna a shirt and me a pair of shorts. Thursday was the kids exchange. Josh needed an extra pair of shoes for the Wilds and I didn't want to pay more than $5 for ANOTHER pair of shoes.....he found some Air Jordans and they were $5. We bought Jake a pair of shoes, and Jenna some stuff. She wanted a changing table for her bitty baby and saw one in the catalog for $40....we got it for $10. Friday I went out with Veronica and we went to several thrift stores. I found a Bonnie Jean purple dress for Jenna. My big treasure was finding this comforter/bedroom set. Last November, I found this comforter set at Penney's that I wanted for Jenna. It was called "Little Miss Matched". Comforter alone was $85. I've been checking on ebay a lot trying to find one with no luck.....(still runs about $65 on ebay). Well, at the last thrift store we found the same comforter but it was a different brand. I got two pair of sheets sets, the comforter (reversible....thus little miss matched) and curtains for less than $14!! Yeah!! Saturday I woke up to go to a community sale at my friend's neighborhood. First house.....prices were a little high, however I found a pair of Shaq shoes (another thing Josh wanted) almost brand new. Since he was so high, I figured it would be at least $5. He said "make me an offer" so I said how about $1....HE TOOK IT!! Needless to say I gave him the money and ran before he could change his mind! The shoes are about a size big for him, but he is very happy.

2 comments:

Monica said...

There's nothing better than a bargain! Speaking of which, Target has some girls top and leggings on clearance for $2.50 each. There might not be much wear for this summer, but if you bought a size up they'd work for next year.
And I LOVE the Jenna pics from 2 days ago! It cracks me up how quiet and feminine she is, and yet she's so athletic. She's going to be well-rounded as an adult. :)

sara said...

Love that comforter!!!!!! And it is awesome that your kids like thrifting!!!