BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, September 19, 2014

Parenting

Have you ever watched some families with kids?  Not all families but certain families.  I'm thinking of one or two at church.  I also am a big fan of 19 kids and counting.  Although we don't get cable, I have watched every episode I could and watch them on you tube and follow their blog every day.  The Duggers and some of these other families seem to just have it all together.  Although they don't have perfect kids and they are not perfect parents, these families seem to just have the "perfect" little families.  They have seemed to master the parenting techniques down.  They don't seem to "lose" it with their kids and the kids seem talented, respectful and put together.  I fall so short of these families.  I know we are not to compare to others, but sometimes there are times I wish I could go back and start all over again.  Since I fall so short, I'm sure most of this has been passed on to my kids.  Although I am far from Michelle Dugger and the other moms, I do hope that some day my kids know how much I love them and how every decision I make is what I think is best for them.  I hope they know I will stick up for them and defend them.  I hope they know that "Mama bear doesn't let people mess with her cubs".

2 comments:

Lydia said...

Haha! I can't watch that show because it makes me feel terrible about myself. I just have to give myself grace and know that God gives me what I can handle. I have to say I'm sorry a lot and ask God for patience every day. I wish I could be that perfect parent with the perfect family, but then I guess I wouldn't see a need to grow spiritually.

sara said...

I LOVE the duggars!!!! Love!

And I think you are an awesome mom. I love your family and I am happy my kids are friends with your kids.