BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Broken Bones and such

Thursday night the four of us went to the park for a run (Jack was out with a friend).  Jacob and Jenna are practicing for their one mile fun run.  When they were finished, they got their gatorade out of the car and headed to the playground and Josh and I continued our run.  When I came back from the run, Jacob was holding his arm.  Apparently he played Ninja Warrior and missed the bar:). I gave him ice and Tylenol but he woke me up at 2 am in pain.  Needless to say after multiple appointments on Friday, we found out his wrist was fractured.  First broken bone of the McLean household.  Neither Jack or I have broken a bone and my kids have made it free up to this point.  We got his temporary "plastic" splint yesterday.  I have a feeling insurance won't pay for this plastic thing and this little thing will cost about $500.
     Thinking of broken bones, I think of those who are broken in spirit.  Hurting just like Jacob, yet in other ways.  So many people are too eager to post their every need wanting someone to meet it (like begging for financial help) but so many people we have contact with every day have needs or hurts and never say a word.  My heart goes out to these people.  I had a friend at church share about how they were hurting, yet no one else knows. You never know how much just an encouraging word can do for a person.  You never know who is hurting.  Be a blessing to someone today!!  You may not be able to heal a broken bone, but you can help heal a broken spirit.


1 comments:

Monica said...

Insurance should pay for his cast/splint. If they don't, I'd appeal until they do. It's not any different than the special boots they give for fractured leg or foot bones, and insurance usually covers those. Hope his pain is subsiding.