BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 20, 2014

Arizona Trip

I will post on this several times.  First of all, let me give the story about our trip.  It has been on my bucket list to see the Grand Canyon.  Jack and I thought about going to Las Vegas last summer and traveling over, but we just couldn't do it.  We also decided that this was a trip that we should really take the kids.  I thought it would be impossible.  The kids were out of school Thursday and Friday so we looked into going back to Disney.  A three day stay/park visit (even though there are 4 parks) would run us over $2600, not including the gas and meals.  I just couldn't swallow that.  We checked the GC, and at the time it was cheaper, but only by $600.  I prayed about it several times and asked if God would drop the price.  One time it did, but I would have to leave early Wednesday morning, and I didn't think we should take the kids out or use another vacation day.  I told Jack about it and he told me I should have grabbed it.  I can't believe how much trips vary from day to day or week to week.  I learned that you should look for trips on Tuesday afternoons after 3 because the rates usually drop on those days.  Every week I would check.  I played with so many variables.  One Tuesday afternoon the price dropped again and Jack told me to book it.  We got hotel and airfare for much less than the Disney vacation. The fun part was that the kids never had flown before!!  Jenna got caught through security for packing hair detangler and Jacob got flagged and needed special screening for his cast.  We flew to Salt Lake City, Utah, which was incredibly beautiful!!  We flew over to Phoenix, rented a car and went to our resort in Carefree, AZ.  These are just a few pictures of the resort area.
















1 comments:

sara said...

Great pictures! :-)