BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Joyful June

The kids and I have settled in to summer vacation.  We've enjoyed the slower pace.  Because of changes to my gym, I no longer have a membership so I have been waking up around 6 am and walking.  It's so much cooler and really helps me set my days.  Because of the arthritis in my knees, I was told to cut down on running and not do strenuous exercise (stuff with a lot of jumping, stair climber etc) but I have slowly started running.  I am running slow and am only up to a half mile but I am trying.  The medicine my doctor gave me really isn't helping.  I could try steroid shots but I am not sure if I want to do that.  Most days I feel ok, but there are some days that I can really feel them and if rain is coming it gets really achy. 

I also started working babysitting the boys I do every summer.  Last year it was only three days a week (T-TH) but since the youngest boy went to kindergarten this past year, she increased her hours so I have them M-Th this summer.  They are good boys and it is usually 6-6.5 hours a day that I watch them.  I ask for prayer as in July I start my new adventure of keeping a 4 year old and a 1 year old.  It will be an adjustment for me.  I will be watching them M, W, TH every week so just pray for the both me and the kids/parents as we get adjusted to this.  I'm always very nervous starting new children for the first week or two.  I really prayed for something to open up as I was going to get out of the child care business, but God was not opening any doors for me an this opportunity came up.  I prayed God would shut the door to this if it was not meant to be and that he would change my heart, if I was supposed to do it, and it just opened up.  God did exceedingly abundantly what I could ask or think.  We really needed money to send Joshua back to Southside, but not only will we be able to pay for Josh but all three of them!!!  I will also be keeping Chloe. 

The kids are at the Wilds this week.  Jack and I could not get away this year.  Jack's boss is off for two weeks so he HAS to be there.  I don't think $$ would allow us to right now either.  I've enjoyed the quiet mornings before the boys come.  I've cleaned their closets and drawers and washed everything on their beds!!  Jack an I are enjoying night time walks and dinners so it's been good.

0 comments: