BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, October 1, 2010

Projects, Projects, Projects

I have so many projects I still need to finish. I have a couple of touch up spots I'm waiting to finish painting, I'm trying to get fall clothes out, cleaning closets etc. On top of that, I have two science projects coming due. One is due Thursday, the other the following Tuesday. I really like them having projects because I think it teaches them how to follow directions, time management, responsibility, etc. Last week Jacob had a book report due and he finished it 4 days ahead of schedule. I'm trying to teach them how good it feels to get to it and get it done instead of having it over your shoulder.
Jacob has to choose a zoo animal and do a report. At least one page long. He also has to do either a poster board, shadow box, or other display of the animal he chose. He chose the panda bear because he thinks it is the cutest!! I found some panda bears so since we ALWAYS do a poster board, I thought we would make some type of shadow box. I can put some bamboo in there, some rocks, maybe something that looks like a tree, etc. Can't wait to show you the pictures.
Joshua has a bug project. He has a science test Monday so I doubt we will finish everything, but if we can get a great start this weekend I will be happy. He needs to find 10 insects, catch them, freeze them, thaw them and then observe and write a log book about each one. We found a little craft/display box to put them in and label them. I hope to finish this one next Saturday, giving him 2 1/2 days of rest. It just depends on how soon we can finish collecting 10 bugs, which is not easy. I can't wait to see this one all put together. They both seem very excited about doing these projects. Jacob also has to do a verbal report at night in front of all the parents. I'm sure he will do fine, but I'm also very nervous for him!!

0 comments: