BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A New Appreciation

I have a new appreciation for certain people. The first is full time working moms. I'm not sure how moms work a full time job, come home, cook dinner, clean house, laundry, help the kids with homework, give baths, and prepare for the next day. How do they ever do it and still find a few minutes to themselves? I am totally exhausted. I'm barely getting dinner on the table, laundry is piled up, and of course my house is not clean. The kids are getting homework done so I guess that is one thing.
My second appreciation goes to teachers. Wow.....you think they have it good....I mean they can leave by 3-3:15 every day and have summers off....wow that's easy. Wrong!! I have to be at work by 7:30 which means we are running out the door earlier. I have to give tests and homework and have that all graded and recorded. I have to assign homework. I have to work on lesson plans....I definitely can't "wing it" like I normally do as a sub. I have to give seat work, prepare for reading groups, the room has to get cleaned. On top of this, I have to get this done in addition to my other tasks (maybe that's why I can't get it all done). I've always thought my kids had great teachers at Southside, and I still do, only now I have a greater appreciation for all they do!

0 comments: