BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, November 25, 2011

Biltmore Trip



this is a tiny bat



























We were very blessed to get to go to Biltmore for a couple of days during the holiday. We left Tuesday and came back Thanksgiving afternoon. We went to Grandfather Mountain but the bridge and top of the mountain was closed due to high winds and cold, snow, sleet etc. We were a little disappointed as the kids were looking forward to this, but we went to Linville Caverns and they liked that. After that we headed over to Biltmore to look around. We had tickets to the candelight Christmas tour. It was at 6:30 and the house was all decorated for Christmas with fire places going, 57 Christmas trees etc. One tree was real and was 35 feet tall. The house was quite impressive and very beautiful. I would love to go back and visit as I feel that I didn't get everything the first time.

2 comments:

Monica said...

It's overwhelming, isn't it? I'd love to go back again sometime, too. I've never been at Christmas, but I've heard it's fabulous! So glad y'all got the chance to go!

Lydia said...

I was praying for you!!! I'm so glad you still got to do the caverns- it looks amazing!!!! Hope your Thanksgiving was BLESSED!