BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Catching Up on Thoughts and Stuff









This is a random blog full of thoughts and things. First of all, let me catch up by showing some pictures from last week. We kept Hannah Wednesday and Thursday. The kids were off school on Thursday, so they really enjoyed keeping her. I think Jacob wants another baby around the house because he seemed to enjoy her the most.


It's been over a month since mom died. I've learned a lot through this experience. One of the things I learned the most is how important it is to follow up on people after the death. Things don't end just because the funeral is over. Also, I learned how important it is to say something....anything to someone who is going through this. I realize it is hard to know what to say, but not saying nothing is worse than anything. I won't let that happen again. I've learned now that I should say something even if it is just "I'm praying for you". I learned how much going to the funeral or visitation really encourages someone. I will admit although there have been people who have not said a word, some people surprisingly stepped up....people that I never really had contact with before. It's almost like now we have a common bond which has made us instant friends.


My last thought is that I really want a part time job. I greatly miss my preschool class and having something to be proud of.....something I can call my own. I am a little picky about what I get as I want to be around for the family and not miss out on things. I really would like something for when the kids are in school. I've been looking, but have not had much luck. I've enjoyed being at home....doing projects like painting etc, but I really need more. I had a feeling that I wouldn't get called as much this year, and it is true. Most of my days are known ahead of time and my phone has only rung once at 6:30 so far this year. I'm really needing something to have some sort of feeling of self worth. Jack and I also will celebrate 15 years next summer and I would love to get away for a couple of days......something I can't do unless the extra income comes in.

1 comments:

Lydia said...

Praying for you- over the job situ and your mom's passing. Love you!