BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Clemson mom?





















I don't know if I'll ever be a future "Clemson mom" but right now, I guess I am in another way a 'clemson mom". Before I tell you about the time Joshua and I spent together going to the ACC Championship Game, let me tell you how God worked it out for us to go. Joshua wanted to go to this game for a long time, in fact, he wanted this for Christmas more than anything. Once Clemson "clinched" going to the championship game, I looked into tickets. Once Clemson clinched the tickets were like $80-90 per seat in the nosebleed section!! I told Joshua we just could not pay this (on top of gas and food). He was ok with it and I made arrangements for him to see the game on TV (since we don't get cable). Thursday, I get an email from a friend who knew someone who had tickets and said they were seven rows back on the 20 yard line (incredible) and to "make and offer". I knew that there was no possible way to afford these. I knew I would insult the person. Jack and I talked it over and decided that we would offer $75 for the pair, but that would be an insult. Before I got the chance to email, our friend said that the man would take $60 for the pair.......can you believe it? Wait!! It gets better......I saw our friend Saturday and he said he needed to talk to me. He handed me back the $60 and said the man said "Merry Christmas"......wow!! I took this chance to talk to Josh and told him how God wanted him to go to this, and how God cares about even about the little children and what is special to them!!

Saturday we went to the Christmas rehearsal, ran out of there and went to Jack's company party..(more on this on another post). Josh and I went to my dads to change clothes and we headed off to the 8 pm game to Charlotte. We got there around 5 and later caught up with our friends, Scott, Traci and Travis. The game was great, mainly because Clemson won and goes to the Orange Bowl. Josh wanted to stay to see the trophy and try to get some autographs. He did get two and was so happy!! We drove back and got in at 3 am!! It was fun to spend time with him. Funny part is that he wanted me to go and not Jack!!

2 comments:

Lydia said...

Oh yay!!! God is good!!!! And how sweet of the person who gave those tickets to you- they truly know the spirit of Christmas and what "giving" really is!!!

Monica said...

I am so glad that worked out for him! And I love Clemson's colorguard flags! (haha, yeah, you can tell how much I really care about football!)