BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, April 13, 2012

Happy Birthday, Jenna!



















My dream since I can ever remember was having a little girl of my own. There is something about a girl!! I felt so blessed after trying so hard to have children to having two healthy baby boys. I remember going to my six week checkup and the doctor told me that if my period didn't start back up in a week or two to call them and they could prescribe something for me to "make me start" again. I ended up taking a pregnancy test and it was negative, so I called the doctor and he prescribed the medication to me. After I had finished the medication I still didn't start. I waited a few days and still nothing. Jack told me to take another pregnancy test. So on our anniversary, I took the pregnancy test and I couldn't believe my eyes.......I was pregnant. I cried and cried!! Here I had Jacob just now sleeping through the night and I was pregnant?? Jack calmed me down and looked at me and said "why are you crying......God is giving you your little girl"......he was right!! I was so nervous about what the medicine could have done to the baby so I called the doctor. He asked if I wanted this baby!! I told him the timing stunk, but I was blessed with a baby and I would never think otherwise. He said that mother nature would take care of itself if there was any complications from the medicine. Well, Jenna Hope McLean was a very beautiful and healthy baby!! I had just had a c-section so I decided on another one. They scheduled her a week early. I remember the boys going to mom's house the day before surgery so that I could run errands and go to the doctor. I went to babies r us and had to sit down because Jenna kept laying on a nerve. I went to the doctor for my pre-op visit and she checked me and said "don't you feel anything.....you are 4 cm dilated.......you aren't going anywhere!! I couldn't go to my mom's to tell the boys goodbye. Jack was at work and back in those days we didn't have cell phones so I paged him from the hospital. He wouldn't answer. I kept putting 911 after the number and finally he responded. It was raining and he was coming from Durham!! I didn't think he would make it, but it was such a wonderful sight to see him come through the door before they took me away. Jenna, you have given this family so much joy and we love you so very much!! Happy Birthday!!

1 comments:

Monica said...

Oh my! I love hearing birth stories, and Jenna's certainly gives added meaning to her middle name of hope! Love the pictures!