BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, August 5, 2012

running fever






This past weekend we took our last little short trip family adventure.  We went to Charlotte to shop.  We went to Concord Mills and to Ikea.....I loved Ikea.  I can't wait to go back.  We also went to the Panthers Training Camp.  On Saturday I ran my second 5k.  Joshua wanted to run, so I decided to go with him.  This was a very fun race.  I enjoyed this one more than the other.  It was more organized, gave away more freebies, the shirts were nicer, after snacks and drinks were better.  Jack ran ahead of us this time and I lost Joshua within the first two minutes.  He definitely has his daddy's genes.  He beat me by 7 or 8 minutes.  This was a tough course and I so badly wanted to stop and walk.  I didn't want to tell people that I had to walk when they asked, so I kept going.  I managed to take 3 minutes off my time.  I loved the cold chocolate milk after the race (who knew that would be good after running?) and all the Gatorade. Who knows....maybe I will keep running.  Jacob and Jenna didn't run the 5k, but they had a little football challenge for them to do.  More family memories:)

1 comments:

sara said...

Good for you! Wow! I still have to stop and walk every few minutes!