BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Titantic/field trip






I took the day off today to go with Jacob and his class on a field trip.  Our first trip was the governor's mansion.  This trip is usually during the spring when they cover history, but with a new governor coming in, they have restrictions of when we could visit.  I've been there before (and will have to go again next year....but at least it will be different) but I still enjoy it.  Next we headed to the science museum.  I love that this museum is free.  They had the Titanic exhibit (which was not free) that we attended.  I really enjoyed seeing everything they got from the Titanic.  At the beginning of the tour, every person is given a passenger.  Some of the passengers are featured during the tour, so you have to keep your eyes out.  (Jacob's was a very rich passenger that was featured).  I had Miss Kate Buss of England, age 36 traveling alone.  She was going to San Diego to get married to a longtime sweetheart.  Her second class was not booked to capacity so she had the cabin to herself.  At the end of the exhibit you could see if your passenger lived or died.  Jacob's died, and Miss Kate survived.  I loved reading the stories of the people....why they were traveling etc.  I was amazed by all the facts....how some people felt the bump while others didn't.  After we had our lunches we had about an hour to visit the rest of the museum.  We couldn't take pictures in the Titanic exhibit or I would have posted a ton of them.

2 comments:

sara said...

Oooh! The Titanic exhibit sounds wonderful!!!! WOW! WE need to get over there!

Lydia said...

I've been dying to get to the Titanic exhibit, hate that we've all been sick. Soon, maybe? Looks like you had fun!