BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, January 21, 2013

That time of year





It's that time of year again....yep, it's time for the science fair.  Normally this wouldn't bother me, but when you have three kids all doing different things it makes me a little insane.  Each one has their own criteria and own deadlines.  This year Jenna has to do something about weather....do a report, have a model and poster board.  Since she has to do a model, we are going to do tornadoes.....easy peasy.  Joshua is testing whether the heart rate increases with caffeine.  Actually, Jacob is doing the same thing.  Here is how we are testing.  The person needs to rest quietly for 5 minutes.  Take heart rate for one minute.  Drink as much soda as possible and then rest again for 5 minutes.  After the 5 minutes take heart rate again and repeat two more times every 5 minutes so that we have 4 readings.  So far one person we tested went up, Joshua went up, Jenna's went up and mine stayed the same!  Guess I'm too addicted to Diet Coke.  I still need to test Jacob and Jack. Since we have two doing this experiment, do I have any other volunteers to help us?

2 comments:

Monica said...

I know my heart doesn't like caffeine! If you can't get anyone else, let me know and I'll help.

Lydia said...

I'm so used to caffeine that it no longer affects me. You can put an old, long term caffeine drinker on your chart:)