BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, March 18, 2013

Thankful

Last week was a very difficult week.  We had a child with poor decision making, one of the ones I keep had a temper tantrum/complete melt down and some other obstacles.  I had planned on going to the beach for a ladies retreat only to find out that Josh had to MAJOR tests on Friday, and I wouldn't be here to help him study!!  I'm thankful for a husband that told me he could handle things (and he did so beautifully) and I'm thankful for a weekend of "rest" (meaning a couple of late nights and not sleeping well on a bed that is not mine).  I missed some very dear friends that couldn't come, but did make a new friendship.  I'm thankful to God for a chance to get away from all of life's demands and soak in the beauty of the ocean.  Now, it's Monday and back to reality, but I think I'm ready to handle a new week.

2 comments:

Lydia said...

Awww, I'm so glad you were able to go! I know you enjoyed yourself. Yay for new friendships!

Monica said...

Thankful you got to go. I was laughing when Melissa Elmore posted photos of Krispy Kreme and shocked Paige by telling her even Tara ate one! :) So glad everyone had a good time.