BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, July 29, 2013

Psalm 61

Hear my cry, O God;
Give heed to my prayer.
From the end of the earth I call to You when my heart is faint;
Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
As Dave Mincy worded it in his song "Lead me to the Rock that is higher than I when my heart is overwhelmed" This is the verse I was thinking of in the wee morning hours when I could not sleep. It has been a tough July for the McLean household. The decision to send back to SCS for a month to month trial was made after going back and forth for a long while.  Then we had Jack's heart scare that lasted a couple of weeks and now we are dealing with the aftermaths of that....anxiety.  I was relieved for him to finally get a doctor that put him back on BP medicine and also gave him some anxiety medicine.  The two of us have spent the last 2 plus weeks with many sleepless nights or nights with 2 maybe 3 if we are lucky hours of sleep.  It's put a toil on both of us physically and emotionally.  And just when I think we have turned a corner, we are back to where we started. I do not know why God is testing us or how much longer this will continue, but I'm thankful I can go to the rock when my heart is faint or overwhelmed.

0 comments: