BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, April 25, 2014

Last day

As much as I enjoyed the Hershey amusement park and making our own candy bar, I think the last day was my favorite.  After we slept in a little and ate breakfast, we headed up to Lancaster, PA.  We took a horse and buggy ride over to see some Amish farms and then we stopped on an Amish farm.  They had a little store set up.  I loved everything inside.  I wish i carried more cash.  I loved their quilts and hand made items.  For some reason, I loved the little Amish boy/girl dolls, but they were $10 each (remember, I didn't have much cash).  I loved all the home made goods they had.....apple butter, jellies etc.  I did buy a small candle and Jenna got an Amish outfit for her American girl doll.  I know we are not supposed to take pictures of the Amish, but I got one from the Amish children on the farm selling the things they had made and then I walked away and set my zoom and "snuck" one of the Amish boys.  I don't know what it is about them, but I am fascinated by their lifestyle.  I wouldn't want to live like that, but I am so curious about them.  I guess they are curious about us as well.  We had about an hour left after our tour, so about 2 miles down the road was an outlet mall so we looked around.  Right across from the buggy tour was Sight and Sound theater.  We somehow got tickets to Moses (It was all of God).  I was blown away by the production and would love to go back.  I knew they had live animals, but I didn't realize they would ride the animals down the isles!!  They had camels, sheep, horses, and even a bull.  The scenes and special effects were just amazing.  I looked over at Josh and he was so into it.  I thought maybe the kids would be bored, but he loved it.  He also had the isle seat, so he got a close up of some of the actors and animals.  I really hope to go back and see another production.   My pictures of Sight and Sound were few and they are on my cell phone, so I hope to get those unloaded and posted soon. We headed straight home after the play and got home at 12:45.  Just enough sleep to get up and celebrate Easter.  Thankful for a safe trip.  Thankful for more memories with my children.












0 comments: