BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Season Over

Last night we ended our basketball season in Rocky Mount.  It's bittersweet to see it end.  I loved watching Joshua play every single game, but I am glad to see practices over and us coming back to a "normal life".   I am hoping Southside will have a soccer team next year for Jacob and Jenna, but Jenna is expressing some interest in playing bball, so we will see. There was one mom from the team that only went to two of her son's games.  She doesn't work and I just think that is really sad.  Most of the time she would just find rides for her son.  On occasion the dad would come, but when he did come he had a book to read instead of watching his son.  This was also his last year on the middle school team.  This kid really improved from last year too.  You wouldn't believe the difference in him from last year to this year.  Now that Josh is 14, I just realize how short life is.  I can't get this time back!!  I don't want to live with regrets that I didn't watch him play or that I wasn't his biggest cheerleader.  I just wonder what this kid thinks when he sees all the other moms and dads cheering and stuff and to know his parents are too busy to come.  Am I mom of the year?  Oh no!!  If you only knew the mistakes (big) I make, but I do love my kids and will support them through any activity they choose to do.




0 comments: