BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Catching Up

I can't believe tomorrow starts a new month.  I am not sure where the month has gone.  Here is what we have been up to.  I posted about science fair.  It got cancelled a couple of times due to snow but we finally had the part where we go and look at everyone's topics.  The middle school had to be judged and interviewed in front of 3 judges.  They judged every part of their work and then drilled them on every aspect of their project.  I was proud that Jacob walked away with third place in his class....which is hard to do.  These really are intense projects, and we usually choose the "lighter" ones.  I think he won because of neatness and he really knew his topic/procedure/results well. I posted about my half marathon.  Two days before that we attended Winter Jam for the first time.  We were blessed that some friends from church saved us some seats.  For $10 you could get a ticket to hear 10 bands.  The first two acts were no-namers.  I really enjoyed hearing For King and Country again and seeing Franseca Bastastelli, Bldg 429, and Jeremy Camp.  The rest of the acts were not so good.  The last act was Skillet, which was truly like a rock concert, so we only lasted through the last song.  Thankfully they were the last act.

The next week a friend and I got pedicures and grabbed some lunch on Tuesday.  I really enjoyed that after the run.  Then that weekend was our ladies retreat at Emerald Isle.  I did some very short runs both mornings on the beach because there is just something about taking a jog on the beach. (I even ran one morning in the rain).

Last week was testing week at school.  It was nice to have that week because the kids get limited homework for the week and there are no tests.  It made for a very peaceful week.  This week we are getting slammed because next week is spring break!!  If we can just hang on for about 6-7 more weeks, there will be light at the end of the tunnel!!





0 comments: