BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Hobbies


As many of you know, one of my many hobbies is deal seeking. I do a lot of yard sales to find clothes for the kids and toys for resale. I also shop the best deals at whatever grocery store has the best, and if none of them have great deals, or I have no coupons, I go to Walmart. I also LOVE CVS!!! They give me free things every week. This is what I got this morning. (I had to go and get Jacob some Motrin...no fever, but he is just dragging and not 100%). Today I also bought this Bayer....free, plus on the shelf was a stack of $1.00 coupons, so I made a buck!!! I'm probably crazy, but I love finding out every week what I will get for free (although there are some weeks that I just hold them)

My next hobby that I just started is freezer cooking. When I make certain things, I make two batches...one for that day and one to stay in the freezer for later use. I have done casseroles, meatloaf, pizza's and pancakes. Pancakes are my favorite because I make them from scratch and then freeze them. When we need a breakfast and I don't have anything, I can just warm them in the microwave and they are ready!!! I'm still learning about what I can freeze etc, so I haven't made too much. I'm afraid to branch out yet until I know more about what I am doing, but I do like this new concept....especially on days when I have nothing to cook. I think it is also saving us a little bit of money. If any of you have any freezer cooking recipes, I'd love to have them.

2 comments:

Lydia said...

I keep meaning to look at my recipes for ya....

Amy said...

I desperately need to do the freezer thing. I'm really bad about NOT pulling the stuff out in time. I'm not a good freezer organizer. One tip: dont freeze potatoes unless they are pureed. A few are tolerable in soup, but their texture changes (mealy). Please pass on any good freezer recipes.