BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Blessings

I've been wanting a bike.  I don't know why, but I've been wanting to go riding.  I had been looking on Craigs List for a bike and could not find anything.  Last Saturday we got up and hit a couple of community yard sales.  On the second sale there was this bike.  Of course a Mexican man ran up in front of me and asked about the bike and I thought "oh, if I could have just been a few seconds faster I could have beat him to it.".  He hovered over the bike, looked it over and then I couldn't believe my eyes......he walked away!!! (you gotta watch those Mexicans at a yard sale....they get the deals and buy everything).  I immediately went to the bike and asked the lady again how much for the bike and she said "$15".  I called Jack over to look at it to make sure I wasn't getting a beat up bike,...you know one that would cost a lot to fix up (the tires were flat).  Can you believe I had exactly $15 in my pocket!!  We had taken the car so I told the lady I would like to buy it and asked her if she could hold it while I ran to get our van.  She was happy to do it and put it in her garage for me.  I couldn't believe it.  God supplied me with a bike (even though I never thought to ask him for one).  Jack pumped up the tires and the kids and I went for the first time to the green way.  I was in heaven!!  I can't wait to go back and ride.  I can't believe I didn't know about this place.  Jack found a new place to jog and the kids and I can ride.  Oh, and I also got this beautiful name brand sweater for $1 and Jenna got two things to hang on her wall for $1 each.....I think it was my jackpot weekend.  You win some, you lose some weekends, but this was my win weekend.


2 comments:

Lydia said...

Love your bike!! Maybe we can go riding together? I'm training for a triathlon that includes 10 miles of biking so I need to practice!!!

sara said...

Oh my goodness! That is great!