BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 20, 2013

Noah's Landing

Thursday I took the day off to go on a field trip with Jenna to Noah's Landing.  Every year the third grade class goes, and I always had something else to do when Josh and Jake went.  I wanted to make sure I got to go this time.  I really liked the place.  I liked hearing about how the lady got some of her animals (most were rescues) and the uniqueness of some of the animals (some that you won't find in a zoo).  The lady did get a little bit long winded on some of the animals.  I could tell she was losing the attention of some of the kids so I could imagine how younger kids would get tired, but I did like that some of the animals they let you touch or hold.  We got to touch an alligator and some other animals.  Jenna put a snake around her neck (I couldn't do that) and a giant millipede.  The last picture shows Wilbur, a pot bellied pig.  This guy cracked me up.  He just wandered anywhere he wanted.  He had free reign of the place.  Everyone loved him and he was happy to pick up any lunch particles that the kids dropped!! I was glad to finally get to go on a field trip again.