BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, June 14, 2013

Savannah

Jack and I were able to get away for a two days.  We left Wednesday and came back Friday afternoon. I loved being away with him. Wednesday we looked around the city.Thursday we took a trolley around town and later in the afternoon we took a riverboat cruise.  The highlight of our tour was a food walking tour.  Jack and I were the only ones on the trip.  It started with some local BBQ (and I was able to get it down).  We then walked to another place that give us a slider.  It was the best burger I have ever eaten.  The meat was seasoned perfectly and the bun was baked fresh.  We liked it so much that we went back for dinner!!  Next was Lady and Sons owned by Paula Deen and her sons.  I'm so happy we could do this.  We each could pick one thing off the buffet.  Jack got this steak meat in white gravy (yum) and I got the mac and cheese (again yum).  Next stop was Leopolds Ice Cream....one of the oldest ice cream parlors.  Jack and I had actually tasted this Wednesday, so this was our second time.  The butter pecan was out of this world!  Next we went to vinegar place.  Sounds funny, but we got to taste these oils on ice cream.  I'm glad I went because I would have never would have stopped otherwise.  The next stop was a tea/spice company.  Again I would not have stopped otherwise.  Finally the last stop was the chocolate shop.  They gave us three chocolates, one of which was a key lime chocolate!!  Wow!!  Although this was not our favorite spot and we will probably never go back, I enjoyed the time alone with him and the tour made things a little better.











2 comments:

Monica said...

a vinegar shop...I don't think I would have ever tried that either! I'm so glad y'all got the chance to go. Sounds like a fun trip.

Jennifer said...

basically the vinegar was like different flavors you put on salads. they also had some fruit/chocolate based ones that you could add to ice cream, cheesecake, smoothies or yogurt.....very tasty