BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, August 17, 2013

End of Summer/Prayer

I'm finally posting the end of summer.  I loved you while it was here!!  I am happy to report that Friday went fine.  I didn't have Kara and the three kids watching went fine.  The mom shortened the time and the weather held off so that I could take them to the park.  I also met the other new little boy that I will be keeping.  So here is my prayer/desires for my children this year.

Jenna.....Jenna has two teachers this year.  One is an assistant pastor and one is a pastor's wife.  I've had Mrs. Edwards before and she is super!!  Mr. Johnson is new, but looks like he will be great.  Jenna had a rough summer.  One of her closest friends was not so nice to her at the pool this summer and even though Jenna never complains, I could tell she was hurt.  She is a lot like me (in a bad way) that she is not so outgoing and asking of things.  It broke my heart one Sunday night to see a bunch of girls (some older and some younger) sitting in a row behind us.  They were all laughing, talking and singing and yet Jenna was the only one not sitting with anyone.  I know she could ask to sit with them, but I guess she doesn't feel included.  Something we need to work on.  Its hard because the girls are either older or younger than she is. My prayer for her is that she will meet new friends this year and that her close friend will not be as rude to her as she was over the summer.  My lesson from her is that even when she is hurting, she never complains.

Jacob.....Jacob also struggles with having friends.  His best friend last year at school moved during the year and he had a hard time.  There are only three other boys in his class who are pretty tight, so it makes it hard for him.  There is a new boy this year so my prayer for him is that he will become friends with him.  I've also seen him becoming friends with someone at church, which makes me feel better.  I'm also excited to see Jacob play flag football in the fall.

Josh...  Josh is at the pre-teen phase. It's hard to believe in 5 months I will have a teenager in my house.  There is a lot that goes on at this age so my prayers for him are many.  Most of all, I want him to just be himself.  Everyone seems to love Josh and I swear that kid could make friends with a street pole.  He is outgoing and never meets a stranger.  On the down side he sometimes tries too hard and then does things or says things that get him into trouble.  I also pray for him academically.  This will be a tough year for him, but I am determined to get him through it.  We struggled on whether to send him or homeschool him and we are trying this month to month.  If it gets too hard, we will pull him and homeschool him.

All of this makes me realize as a mom how important it is to pray for my kids daily.  They are all are special and unique and I am blessed!

0 comments: