BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 18, 2014

Time for School

Wow...it's over.  The kids started school today and I had to go back to work at early morning care.  Getting out of the house by 7:10 was tough, but we managed.  Thankfully, I do lunches in advance so we pretty much just get dressed, grab a bite to eat and we are out the door.  I have two in middle school this year!!  Jenna will be there next year. I'll be honest....I really had a rough weekend because I still really wanted to pull Joshua and homeschool him, but we are going to give it a try. I admire the little guy.  He has faced so many obstacles since the day he was born, but he has turned out to be a young man full of personality:).....his cleft palate was a start of a lot of things. He has endured surgery, many rounds of ear tubes, speech therapy, numerous teeth pulled because of his small mouth, some ADD issues (which does have a link to his cleft palate) constant leg pain at night and other issues.  Most of this does have links back his cleft palate.  This is going to be a very difficult year for him, but as Mandisa sings "he's an overcomer".  He will stay in the fight till the final round.  God will do great things for him.

Jacob started middle school.  Poor little guy....once again his "favorite school friend" didn't come back.  We did meet a kid at the pool Friday that will be in his class so I am praying for a good match.  Jacob is very good at getting along with everyone, so that isn't an issue, but I know he wants a "special friend" to hang with.  He had great spirits today.  I'm so pleased with the teachers he has this year.  He gets to start a computer/robotics class this year, so I think he will really like that.

Jenna is in the 5th grade.  She also gets along well with everyone.  She will do absolutely fine.  I love her two teachers so that is a plus.  Her group of girls in her class are so-so.  There is a couple that she is happy about and some that she wished she could switch out.  She didn't get with her "close friend", although they aren't tight (if that makes sense).

Me: well, today I went to the gym to work out and cleaned up some rooms in the house.  I have the rest of this week with two boys 3 full days.  Next week the older one goes to school so I will only have one of them full time 3 days a week.  Hopefully after Labor Day I will get into a groove as I will only be working T/W/Th from 1-5:15.  Until then I am not really sure if I am coming or going and I wake up every morning thinking "what day is it and what do I have to do today"!

0 comments: