BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

August?

Oh, summer....where are you going?  In just about two weeks school starts.  This means my morning job is back (7:30-8:30) and we have to get up early.  No more pools, no more being lazy ugh!!  We surprised the kids over the weekend with a trip to Myrtle Beach.  It rained in the mornings, but I did two 5 mile runs.  We enjoyed the beach, pools, and slides and did some tax free shopping (SC still has tax free weekend).

In school news, it was our intentions to home school Joshua.  My dad is now retired so he really doesn't have the means to pay for one child any more.  I prayed that if God wanted Joshua back at SCS he would need a full way there.  The school came back with a $1k scholarship for him and we had to decline.  A couple months later a full scholarship was offered for Joshua to attend school, so we knew that this is what God wanted.  Also, I got a call from a friend from church saying she could no longer keep the little boy that she was watching and wanted to know if I could take him.  She wanted to make sure he went to a good home.  After talking to her and finding out that the kids were good and the mom was GREAT (a problem with one of my afternoon kids last year.....not Jack or Kara) I decided to go forward with it.  God even opened the doors even more and she asked if I could keep him and his brother starting in July....so we have been doing that.  I keep the boys on T/W/TH.  The older boy, Caleb, will be going back to school the end of August and after that I will just have Joshua on T/W/Th.  I will pick him up from preschool at 1:15 (right around the corner from my house) and keep him until 5:15.  This will still leave my mornings free and Mondays/Fridays completely free.  It isn't as much as last year, however, I am so grateful to be working again.  We may face this scenario again next year.....can he go back, will I homeschool, will I work....but for now, God has made things perfectly clear for me and I am grateful:)

3 comments:

Monica said...

Hooray for clear direction (and beach trips)! Is Josh excited about going back?

Lydia said...

I love when God just opens the door wide and we know that stepping through is the right thing to do! So much of the time it is leaps of faith and so hard to know what is right to do!

sara said...

Glad Josh gets to go back....but selfishly I pray someday he may get to homeschool :) :) Haha...no really, I am glad he gets to go to such a good school. that is a huge answer to prayer.