BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, January 26, 2009

So How Are You Doing????

How are you doing on your goals? I know we still have this week before January is over, but I have it on my mind today. We haven't done any household projects or had anyone over, but I'm not worried about that yet. I'm sure the majority of these two goals will come in the spring and summer. Our 3 year Bible reading as a family has gone great. We are actually ahead on that, which is a good thing. Now, the last goal...getting rid of 10 lbs. I struggle with this one, and at times get discouraged. I'm proud to say however that I have been on the treadmill for at least 30 minutes 5 times a week. The bad part is that I still hate it, I don't feel any better, and I have lost 3.5-4 lbs. I was really hoping I would start to enjoy it more, and that I would physically start to feel better, and I was hoping for the 5 lbs. I have given up snacks at night, which is a huge task for me. I guess I'll keep plugging away.
My biggest fear comes next week. (ok men readers, turn your head for this part). I have my annual ob/gyn appt. Last year she told me that I had gained a lot of weight and needed to start losing this weight. I know she will say something again because 4 lbs (maybe not that much after a cake and parties this weekend...i may put some on) isn't that much. Also, since I turn the BIG 40 this year (ugh!!!) I am afraid they will make me have a mammogram. (again ugh). I have heard how painful they are, and it makes me feel old to have one. Also, I am afraid they will find something there. Ok, this is another post all together!! All I wanted to know is how is your goals going?

6 comments:

sara said...

GOOD job on the treadmill!!!!!!! You will start to feel really good and have a lot more energy. 5 times a week is GREAT!!!! and I think if you lost 3 pounds that you are doing good- keep it up. Were you there last night? I missed seeing you.

Jack said...

You're doing great sweetheart! Don't get discouraged. One of my goals is to make sure you accomplish at least half your goals. = )

Unknown said...

You're ahead of me! And you've got to remember that losing weight in real life is NOT like watching the Biggest Loser. You have to prepare meals, (and for people who aren't on a diet), live a real life (not with a personal trainer who screams like a banshee at you all the time), and work. I'm also VERY thankful that Bobby doesn't read this blog, or he might be taking ideas from Jack. I love my dear husband, but his idea of encouragement and mine just aren't the same!

Lydia said...

I had a mammogram about two years ago. Long story, but it wasn't too bad. It's worse if you have dense breast tissue.

Keep plugging away on the treadmill- once you hit 5 pounds, you'll probably be pumped to continue. Good for you cutting the nighttime snacks...I need to do that:)

sara said...

Hey- I think you asked about the cake for Dave? Mary Booth planned the whole thing and got a big sheet cake.

N Verdulla said...

So far mine are coming along. I am doing good with the three year Bible Study. I haven't lost that much either. I have cut out soda and started drinking more water, and not eating the late snacks. I have been walking. I have only lost 6.5 pounds. I am like you, it is hard to tell what my doctor is going to say when I go back, that I need to loose weight. I have rescheduled my ob/gyn for months, because I haven't lost any weight like he told me to. They told me I need to keep this one and not reschedule again.