BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Dear Mom and dad......

Last night we took Jacob and Jenna to see Despicable Me at the $1 theater (actually $1.50). Josh was away with Travis. Jack bought a bucket that he can get filled all year long so we got a big bucket of popcorn for $2.50. This morning out of the blue Jacob handed me a card. In his best cursive writing it said (outside)" Dear mom and dad" (inside) "Thank you for the movie and popcorn. I love you". I must say something so little was so touching to me. I love it when someone, especially a child, expresses gratitude. I can tell that this family time really meant a lot to him. I think he likes times like these, and I think he likes times when Joshua is gone so that he can have more attention. I think it's hard sometimes to be the middle child.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

:) My little sister and I LOVE to give Mom and Dad a hard time about how hard we had it as the middle children...we even had to share being the middle child!!
Jacob was so funny we saw him and Jack at Target last night. He didn't have Josh to run hide with, but he wasn't too certain about seeing us there, either! So he just stood there and giggled. I wanted to hug him, but I know grown-up girl germs are even worse than little girl germs. Heaven forbid I send a little boy into cardiac embarrassment! :)