BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving & Stuff




I did it. I cooked my first turkey Thanksgiving Day. I think it was pretty good for my first one. Maybe next year I will try to stuff it! I wanted to try to feel young, so I headed out at midnight with some friends for the black Friday adventure. We were out all night. I got home after 8 am, but I had so much fun. I got all but two items that I went after, so I did pretty good.
I saw one of my preschool kid's moms this weekend. She thanked me for preparing her daughter for kindergarten and told me how well she was doing. That made me a little sad for leaving. I had the entire week of Thanksgiving off, plus the week before. I don't think I've had an entire week with no work. I was one day shy of having what I made at preschool. I got called again today to sub, making for this month once again, what I made at preschool. Sept/October I actually made MORE money (and had a lot of fun) and this month I broke even. Thank you God for helping and leading. I hope to use the money to pay for the refrigerator and also some Christmas presents.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WHOOOHOOO!!! So glad you've made more and broke even! While I understand the sadness of not having a permanent class of your own to impact, as a former teacher there's nothing better in the world than a good sub. I can't tell you the times I went back into a class after being sick only to find the two hours I spent on a sub's lesson plans were not used and the kids were now three days behind (messing up the test schedule and meaning more paperwork on my end!). It's also reassuring to students when there's a familiar sub in the room. It really eliminates distractions and discipline problems. And on top of that, YOU COOKED A TURKEY!!! You're just making milestone after milestone this year!

sara said...

Good for you! The turkey looks delicious!