BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Goals

I'm keeping my goals for 2012 pretty simple. In fact, I'm asking my readers for some advice and help.

1. I did a lot of home improvements over 2011, but I'd like to continue that in 2012. My top ones are doing the kid's bathroom floor and repainting their rooms.

2. Continue working out at least 2/3 times a week. I'm VERY discouraged right now as I've been working out harder than ever, but have not lost one pound. Not one! I am working on portion controls and may possibly do weight watchers, but I don't want to "diet diet". (that only discourages me more)

3. Find some sort of Bible study. Right now I just have been reading a Proverbs and maybe a Psalm or some other passage, but I would like to start some sort of study. I tend to be a little more consistent if I have that. Any suggestions?

4. Find a part time job. Now let me clarify that I did have something come my way, but it wasn't the right fit for me and there were a lot of different things that just didn't give me peace. I would love to be back at a preschool (not a daycare) or some job like that. If you know of a good family that needs someone to watch their child, I would be willing to do that as well. I really need something to occupy my time, but I want to be home with the kids and during the summer as well. I'm feeling like I need something to help with the extras and I need it to make me feel like I'm valuable for something.

Any help in any of these areas would be greatly appreciated!! Happy 2012

4 comments:

sara said...

These sound like great goals. I heard you are working out at the gym. I have thought about doing that- not sure.

About a Bible study- I feel the same way- I have read different books in 2011- but did not dig as deep as I would like. I just found an old Beth Moore study on David that I think I am going to do again- I like it because it tells me what to read and then asks me questions- forcing me to dig deeper.

Jack said...

Some goals tips I picked up from Zig Ziglar and Tony Robbins.

* Write your goals on a piece of paper and keep it where you can view them regularly.

* Write out specfic action items for each goal. Take massive action!

* Write down a deadline for each goal/use your calendar

* Identify the obstacles

* List the benefits of each goal

* Be accountable to someone

* Seek out role models who have accomplished the same goals Model them/ask for advice

* Reward yourself for small accomplishments

* Develop habits that you love and contribute to your goals accomplishment

* Pray = )

Now I have to make my own and take some of my own advice. = )

Lydia said...

Don't give up on the weight loss, every person is different. It may take you longer to get started, but once you start losing you will be so encouraged. Keep working out and definitely keep a food diary. I write EVERYTHING down, even when I have a bad day with my eating. It is so good to see what I put into my body, sometimes when I think I am doing great, I'm really NOT.

I finish up my current Ladies study in Feb.and then won't start a new one until the summer....not sure if you are interested since you didn't do this one...I know group studies aren't for everyone. I suggest any of the Elizabeth George studies, they are simple little studies and can be bought for a few dollars at Lifeway. All are good.

Monica said...

Since you like the biggest loser so much, you might want to check out Daniel's new website: http://danielwrightnow.com/category/beyond-the-ranch

As for Bible studies, I'm reading through a chronological study Bible this year. I'll have to get back to you on basic study books.