BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Mother's Heart

As a mom, I always want what is best for my children. Sometimes, you just don't know what is best. One of my children struggles a little at school. I will be happy to discuss it privately with you if you would like to know how to pray for us. I am torn as a mother to know what is best for my child. They have been on medicine for several months now. The first medicine was a nightmare and this one is much better, however this child has had a lot of problems sleeping at night. I have given the child a break on the weekends from their medicine. Last week I accidentally forgot to give them the medicine. The teacher noticed a big change in my child. The child was more outgoing and actually acted more involved and asked questions in class. I did the same thing yesterday (on purpose) and again the teachers told me what an improvement in personality they saw in my child. She told me that she would much rather teach this child than the personality they are on with the medicine. My first reaction was "ok....we are taking the child off the medicine" or possibly decreasing the amount.....but my child told me today that they feel they can work better when they are on the medicine. My heart is torn to know what is the right thing to do.
On the same note this child really wants to be home schooled next year. J told me (instead of using the word child) that they thought the work load would be much easier and thus we could drop the medicine. Part of me would be willing to do this, but I don't want J to think that they got their way or that when life gets hard there is always an easier way.
And finally my heart is heavy because for the first time in my life, we owe taxes. I guess Jack's severance and bonus was to blame. I know I will send at least one child back, but I'm worried about the other two. I know I could home school, but I don't feel the "calling" right now. Like I said before, I want what is best for my kids and for us, I think that is attending a school.. All I can do is pray about the other two and watch God work.

1 comments:

Lydia said...

Praying for you!!! Making these types of decisions is difficult! Remember, there is a season for everything and if you DO choose one method of education, that doesn't mean you have to stick with it forever. It might just be something to try for a short period of time. Love you!