BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Checkup

I didn't get to post over the weekend about my monthly checkup, so I'll do that now. Goal 1....weight. Well, I wouldn't say I have given up, but I haven't been trying. I've had some physical problems going on that hasn't helped and I haven't been exercising like I should. It's hard for me to get a routine going again. Goal 2, have people over. Again, I have realized I don't have the gift of hospitality, but I am trying. We did have another family over in May. I enjoy it when we do this because I enjoy conversation that isn't interrupted or is through email. Goal 3...Household projects. I feel this one we are making progress. We did get the boys room painted, and now we have gotten the deck stained, and I worked on my flower bed. 3 more to go, and that should be easy as I want to repaint my front porch and then paint our shutters, so I would only need one other project to tackle. I'm thinking about not setting goals for next year. I never seem to accomplish them and sometimes it gets a little depressing!!! At least maybe I can get 2 out of the 3 for this year!!!!

2 comments:

Jack said...

The thing about goals is that it makes you stretch if you accomplish them or not. One thing for sure, you almost never hit a target you don't have.

Unknown said...

I guess I'm just one of those weird people who like checking things off on my to do list. I never get everything done, but I've found if I set a date it at least motivates me to hit it. I may not tell everyone what my goals are next year, but I usually set at least a few. And it sounds like you've done quite a bit this year!