BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, September 11, 2009

"vacation" is over

I use that term so loosely because some think I have been on vacation for the past 3 weeks. I think that is funny. I worked one entire week, and the other days I was cooking, doing laundry, doing projects, cleaning, exercising, getting homework finished....so it certainly was not a vacation. I don't stop in the middle of the day and take a nap. I don't sleep in....my kids need breakfast and to get to school. So, although I have so enjoyed this time alone, it was certainly not a vacation!!!!
I met my "students" today. My four year old class looks really good. I have 3 returning from last year, two other little girls who are so cute, a little boy that I requested. There are some others but out of the 11, 10 look to be ok. Well, one from last year is spoiled and a handful, but at least I know. I do have one 4 year old boy....dad has a long ponytail, mom looks and dresses like she is 50. The boy seems to be a handful and worse yet, is not potty trained....come on people...if your going to send your 4 year old to school, have him potty trained!!!!!! He will be coming in pullups and I looked at mom and told her we would change once, but after that we were calling her to come and change (because we are not equipped to do that and it takes us away). Get this, one of the other classes the mom told her not to call her....just keep him in a poopy diaper until she gets back.....are you serious???? Anyway, I think I can survive my 4 year old class.
My three year old class has 11 this year. I'm not sure about this one. We have two boys that seem to be rough. Girls look ok except for one girl who is autistic. She will have a therapist coming in two days a week to work with her. I hope I can make it through!!
I'm already praying for next year. I'm thinking about just working 3 days a week or sending out my resumes to other local preschools for a lead position.

1 comments:

Lydia said...

Ummmm....do moms ever take a vacation? Seriously...who thought you were on vacation? I can't remember the last time I slept in later than 7:30am (even in Ukraine)or took a nap!!! I wouldn't change it for the world though!!!!