BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

New Colors



I am one that after 4-5 years gets really tired of my comforter. That is the case again this year. So for a late Christmas present I went from the blue/yellow to red. I just wanted something different. I found some valances to match the comforter off Ebay, but now I am wanting to paint the room. Should I go with some red walls (same shade as the comforter) or should I pick up the tan color that is in the pillows, comforter and bed skirt?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE your new comforter! I'd go with the tan on the walls so the comforter is one of the bright spots in the room. Dark paint on the walls often looks dries darker and sometimes makes the room look smaller. But that's just my opinion. And I really like the dark wood in your bedframe! That is so cool!

sara said...

Beautiful!!!!

Jennifer said...

the only thing is the tan is well....tan and not very dark. i'm not sure if it will make the walls look dull....which is what i have been accused of!!

Lydia said...

I would do tan and add accent with colored wall art plus those valances you mentioned. I think the red will be overkill. But you know me, I learn toward neutrals and softer colors anyway. I LOVE the comforter set- gorgeous!

Lydia said...

Oh and just so you know...you don't have to match the exact shade of tan in the comforter. Go pick up the swatch with the colors on it, then go a couple shades darker. It will look awesome with your dark wood headboard.

Jack said...

How about green?