BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 1, 2011

Charleston


































Jack and I had the excitement of getting away this weekend. We had a free airline ticket, but prices were so high that we couldn't use it. Since we had the rare opportunity of someone that was willing to take the kids, we decided to go somewhere closer so we chose Charleston. Neither one of us had been there and we both loved it. I'll post pictures during the week of the different things we did. We left at 4 am on Saturday and arrived at Boone Hall Plantation before 8:30. I'm glad we got there when we did, as it got brutally hot. I loved this place. Even though I'm not a history buff, I loved it. I loved seeing the slave cabins, taking a bus tour of the entire plantation (which was HUGE) and seeing the house. I also enjoyed the HUGE trees everywhere. In a couple of my pictures you can see the long drive coming up and the beautiful trees that meet over the drive. There have been several movies filmed here, including North and South. I could imagine how it must have felt coming up that long beautiful drive in a horse and buggy to that beautiful house (which is not the original).

1 comments:

Monica said...

Wow! I've always heard that Charleston is one of the most beautiful southern cities there is! Looking forward to seeing the rest of your pics!