BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Praise you in the storm

It's been a rough/interesting week. I really needed to get out tonight and thankfully, I had a ladies group to go to tonight. I was so ready to get out of the house. I'm not a mile down the road and what song comes on (one of my favorites by Casting Crowns) "Praise You In the Storm".....perfect timing.

I was sure by now
God you would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in to save the day
But once again I say "amen" and it's still raining

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear your whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as your mercy falls
I raise my hands a praise the God who gives
and takes away

And I'll praise you in this storm
and I will lift my hands
that you are who you are
No matter where I am
or every tear I've cried
You hold in my hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise you in this storm

I remember when
I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry to you
and you raised me up again
my strength is almost gone
how can I carry on
if I can't find you

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear you whisper through the rain
I'm with you
and as your mercy falls
I lift my hands to praise
the God who gives
and takes away

I'll praise you in this storm
and I will lift my hands
that you are who you are
No matter where I am
or every tear I cry
you hold in your hand
you never left my side
and though my heart is torn
I will praise you in this storm.

I lift my eyes unto the hills, where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord the maker of heaven and earth.

2 comments:

Lydia said...

Love that song! Perfect after last night's lesson on worshiping God because of WHO HE IS!!!! Praying for you daily, my friend!

Monica said...

That's also one of my favorites. It's hard to praise him during the storm when we're focusing on the storm, isn't it? Praying God will give you that peace that passes understanding as you continue to face decisions and situations. Love you!