BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Ordinary

Wow, is it only Wednesday? Seems like it should be Saturday by now. It's been an odd week. The kids started school on Monday. So far so good, except I can tell having homework to do is hard for them to get used to. They have all seem to adjusted well. It should be interesting having a child in middle school with 3 teachers!! I hope I'm ready if the road becomes bumpy!!
Yesterday, Jack and I had our 14 year anniversary!! Wow, he put up with me for 14 years!! We did get out for about an hour and a half for a quick bite to eat together. It was hard to stay gone with bed times, baths, homework, etc, but we did get that precious hour or so together.
Yesterday was also a beautiful day so I decided to sit on my porch a few minutes before I had to pick up the kids. I felt the porch shaking. It was so weird. The wind wasn't blowing but I could feel the porch moving!! I looked over to the storm door and could see it shaking as well. I had no idea what had happened until a few minutes later and the news came on saying it was an earthquake!! Wow!! Funny thing is that Jack never felt a thing.....even though his co-workers did.
So after 2 1/2 days full of adventure, today seems kinda "ordinary". I did my normal load of laundry, cleaned the bathroom, got groceries, and mowed the back yard. I guess something still could happen....but I think I'm ready for an ordinary day!!

0 comments: