BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

My Weight Loss Journey Update.....

So about 4 1/2 months ago, I joined the gym.  I never really dreamed of losing more that 10 pounds, but here I sit today, 21 pounds lighter!!  I am very happy, but at the same time I still feel like the contestants on The Biggest Loser.......it takes SO much to make a difference. Believe it or not, there are pros and cons from losing weight....maybe I shouldn't say pros/cons but rather moments of ups and downs.....

The down side......Seeing a close friend you haven't seen since January, and she doesn't notice anything. (yes, another sign that I should be on TBL).  One of the biggest disappointments is losing this much weight and not seeing a difference in my clothes.  I have one pair of shorts that were big to begin with that are now falling off, and one shirt I can now wear, but when I try on clothes with the size I should have been able to get into before this adventure not fitting, it gets to me.  You would think that I should be down 1-2 sizes by now.  That's gotta be one of the biggest disappointments.  I would think by 21 pounds you should be searching for a new wardrobe.  Another disspointment is knowing that you are still classified as "obsese".  How about not being able to lose your C-section gut?

The up side.....A personal accomplishment....and I'm not done.  I never even thought that I would be down 21 pounds.....quiet honestly that was not really my goal at all.  Another big plus....having one instructor telling you how much stronger you have gotten.  Another instructor telling me how to track things better and how well I am doing.  Seeing new numbers on the scale.....wow....love that too.  And the few people that haven't seen me in awhile noticed that you have dropped, ask what you have done and how much you have lost.

At least I enjoy what I do and it relieves a lot of stress.  After the night I have had tonight, I can't wait to take off some more stress!

2 comments:

sara said...

WOW! That is amazing, Jen! You are doing Awesome! Keep up the good work.

Lydia said...

I am very proud of you. And I'm being honest when I say that I can tell that you are firmer, more toned all over. Your endurance is amazing and you are so much stronger than you were a few months ago. My favorite part of this journey to a healthier me is how much stronger I am- I can do so much more for so much longer than I could 6 months ago!! Yay for 21 pounds!