BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Travel

It's no secret that Jack and I enjoy traveling.  When he was at his old job, his boss would send him to many places.  Sometimes we were blessed enough to work it out so that I could go too.  Now that he is with GC, he has no travel.  It's good to have him home, but sometimes I miss going with him.  This year all three kids get to go to the Wilds camp.  I'm not ready to let my "baby" go.  It pains me that they are growing so fast.  I can't bear the fact that Josh will be a teen in January.  Anyway, Jack and I would like to take the chance to get away for just a couple of days.  So my question is......where would you go?  I'm first looking for close driving places.  My first thought was Charlotte...Carowinds, the Concord Mills mall....but we've been there so many times.  We've been to Charleston, Myrtle Beach, Virginia....you about name it.  We've been to the mountains, Biltmore, etc.  My next question.....if you could fly somewhere, where would you go....BUT keep in mind you only have 1-2 days to visit (ruling out Hawaii, Grand Canyon etc).  I would be happy just having time alone with him even if we didn't go anywhere, but any suggestions would be helpful!!

1 comments:

Lydia said...

Best places to drive to- Savannah, Williamsburg, Washington D.C. Rich and I have done these and had a ball!

To fly- New York City for a long weekend, Maine (lighthouse and bed & breakfast tour), Jamaica is a lot closer than you think and really cheap if you plan it right. And of course Nova Scotia. You need passports for those last two but they can be really affordable if oyou plan it right. There is an AMAZING B & B in Antigonish (Nova Scotia) that we can highly recommend.