BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Options???

Monday morning I got a call from Jenene Davis asking me if I would come in and be a sub for Joshua's class in the afternoon. I agreed, found a place for Jenna, and went straight in after preschool. I LOVED it!! The kids were very polite and all thanked me, and they did try to "push things", but I did it, I enjoyed it and it built my confidence. It also got me thinking about next year. Here is what is going on. Pardon my thoughts....they start going crazy and faster than I can type.
1. Right now we don't have enough kids for the 3 year old class, and if we don't get about 8 more kids before August, I may not have a T/TH job.
2. I could run with this and just work M/W/F....enjoy my T/TH around the house and be on the more "permanent" sub list for the kid's school.
3. I could pray that God would somehow need to take Miss F. away so that there would be an opening in the K4 group.
4. I could go back to school to get a teaching certificate
5. I could try to get a job in the public schools as a sub teacher or a teacher's assistant.
6. I could stay at preschool 5 days a week if I do still have a job.

I don't think not working is a choice. First of all, the extra money helps us do extras.....eat out, pay babysitters, etc. I also know that I would probably go crazy doing nothing but cleaning this small house. I know even though I don't have enough faith, God could do number 3 for me if he really wanted me there. I like number 2 a lot, but would need to check to see how much money we would have. Number 6 would keep my life like now. Please pray with me concerning next year. I want things to be perfectly clear for me. I want doors to open and close so that I have no doubt.

4 comments:

sara said...

number 2 sounds the best to me too!! I will pray that God makes it very clear to you!

Unknown said...

#2 would be awesome, OR
what if God increased enrollment so much that the school needed a second K4 OR K5 class?
Isn't it crazy how we start trying to make all the jigsaw pieces of our lives fit when we can't see the big picture? I'll be praying that you won't fret over this and that God will give you a TOTAL peace or "closed door". And have I ever told you or Sara how much I appreciate your little kid talents?

Jennifer said...

Right now they will only have one k4 class...i can't teach k5 or above because i don't have a teaching certificate

Lydia said...

I'm praying with you!!! If by the end of the summer, things seem unclear still, we should all get together for a prayer meeting:)