BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 11, 2009

Stand Proud







I had a nice mother's day. I went to church, came home and the family took me to Lone Star for lunch! Wow, it was so good! We then headed to my moms and took the kids to the park to feed the ducks and then let them play on the playground. We also got to see some old friends.
The title of my blog is "stand proud". Every mother's day, I think of my friend, Stephanie. (she doesn't read my blog). My friend Stephanie is very unique in the fact that we never met! There was a time where I was trying very hard to get pregnant with Joshua. It really hurt me every year to sit there on Mother's Day when they would ask the mothers out there to stand, and I was still sitting. Everyone around me was getting pregnant, except me. I remember stumbling on this website (don't even ask me how I got there) and finding comments of other women trying to get pregnant. Some of these women were rude and mean, but there was one comment from a girl named Stephanie. Again, don't ask me why, but I felt moved to make a reply to her comment. She emailed me back and we started talking and connecting. Come to find out she went to BJ the same time I did, was a Christian, etc....so we became instant friends. We would email one another and she became such a help because she knew the pain I had. she also struggled to get pregnant. Long story short, I obviously got tripled blessed and she ended up having two of her own. Every mother's day I tell her to "stand proud" Stephanie!! What a miracle that God sent her into my life! To all my mom readers....stand proud every mother's day and to all my readers without children, may you know that I know how you feel.

2 comments:

sara said...

those pictures are so cute. I love Jacob's hair :)

Lydia said...

It is so hard to have doctors tell you that you may never have children when that is all you have ever wanted- to be a wife and mother! But God knew the desires of my heart and as soon as I realized that HE was enough for me- I ended up with four in 3 1/2 years and number five is on the way(laughing!).