BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, May 17, 2009

What God Thinks.....

Recently I have been reading on contentment and also about being concerned about what God thinks of us, instead of what man thinks of us. I'll be honest, I struggle in both areas. Sometimes I think I am doing ok, and then I realize I haven't gotten there yet. Case in point this week....I was very concerned about someone I don't know really well seeing my house. My house was not clean, and for some reason I get embarrassed that we don't have a big house. She ended up not having to come to the house, and I was relieved. Second case....we had to go to someones house this past week and the house was GORGEOUS!!! I kept thinking to myself....if only I had this house....think of all the room we would have....where we could put this, where we could put that. I hope in a couple of years at the most that we will have a bigger house, but right now, I have to realize that is not possible. More cases this week.....I was put with a group of Christian women who were very kind to me, but yet because I do not go to church with them, I lacked that common bond. I found myself trying harder to be 'accepted" when actually I already was...it's just that I don't know them as well because of that. Why do I care what these people think anyway? Even one of my children made a comment to me about how another mommy was "skinny" as was able to play sports....and well, lets just say that's another post!!!
I have daily learn these lessons of contentment (and I should just be thankful that we have a place to call home, even though I can't decorate or make it fancy) and learning that I don't have to go through life trying to please everyone when all I need to do is make sure that God thinks of me.
So, do any of you guys struggle in one or both of these areas, or am I the only one that struggles?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

We all struggle. It is not just you. Your house is very nice. You have done a great job. At least it does not take all day to clean your house. Love grows best in little houses.

Unknown said...

I agree - we all struggle! Your house is wonderful, it is so full ov love and happiness and that is what counts. I just told Paul the other night that I would love to have your house...small, cozy, and a wonderful place to be. I always feel welcome when I am there and that is a wonderful thing!

Unknown said...

I was lecturing myself on that very thing this afternoon! That Bible study we did a few years ago really challenged me to revamp my thinking...the whole "What is true...think on these things" concept. It continuously amazes me how I dwell on perceptions and what I think others think about me instead of what is REALLY true...and when it all boils down to it, I'm really focusing on myself and how I'm perceived. I'll save my housing comments for a blog tomorrow...you've brought back a ton of memories!

sara said...

I struggle with this everyday. I think that is what the devil wants--to get us side tracked. Thanks for the reminder to be thankful for what we have.