BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, February 27, 2009

Helpless.....

It's been a doozy of a week, and I'm glad it's Friday, and pay day too!! I made it through a rough doctors appointment and some other hurdles. Sometimes as a mom I feel totally helpless. I'd love to get into my kid's minds to find out what is going on. I really feel that way for Jacob right now. Yesterday, he wasn't excited to go to school, which is very odd for him. "aww mom, it's a school day?"...and then he wasn't eager or happy on the way. About 10:15 I get a phone call in the office.....and that's when you know something is wrong. Jacob's teacher called and he had an accident so I had to run home and get him some pants and take it over to school. My director handed me a note saying I needed to call the teacher (about 11:45) but I couldn't leave because I was the only one watching the kids. I called her back and Jacob had a bloody nose and ANOTHER accident!! I went back to the school and he had another bloody nose (nothing bad) so I looked at the poor little child and brought him home with me for the afternoon. I wanted him to "rest" on the couch, but that wasn't happening. He was playing and all over this house. No more accidents, no more bloody noses, which leads me to believe it was something emotional to him...something bothering him. I talked with the teacher and she didn't know of anything that would have him upset so I can't figure it out. Have any of you had experiences like this? I just hope I can figure it out or the situation resolves itself because I don't want him to get embarrassed at school.

4 comments:

sara said...

Awwww poor Jacob. Maybe he is being convicted by the Holy Spirit :) I will pray that you figure out what is going on.

Jack said...

Probably just a little tired and wanted to play instead of school. I don't understand kids these days wanting to go to school. = ) My mom fought me every morning until I was in JR High. It is out of the oridinary but sometimes kids have accidents. Praying for you Jacob.

Lydia said...

We'll talk about this face-to-face, or call me if you need to vent. I'm praying for Jacob. Also I want to hear about your dr appts.

Unknown said...

Coming from an adult who as a second grader threw up almost every single day at school because she disliked it so much, there may not be anything wrong. I liked learning, and I didn't dislike anyone. Yet school stressed me out. The accidents could be a virus; some kids just have bloody noses; he could have been picking his nose. Don't pester him about school or what happened. If there is something he'll tell you; if you pepper him with questions he'll think there's something wrong with him and tense up even more. :O) OR you could just paying for Jack's raising.