BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Welcome to third grade

I am amazed already the difference between second grade and third grade. Gone are the phonics pages and now we have English!! Last week he brought home subject/predicate stuff. Ok, my mind really has to be thinking now. Today, Joshua had his first ever history test. I was quizzing him last night, and I'm thinking....this is just chapter one. He was learning about the Constitution, the articles of confederation, the mayflower compact, the great compromise. He learned about Roger Sherman (don't think I heard of him), Daniel Shays (ummmm), George Washington (there's a name I know) James Madison.....whew!!! I was never good at history. Luckily, he got an A- in spite of my lack of knowledge. He has already learned 3 verses, had a history test, and tomorrow he has a spelling and math test and we are only in week 2!!! Monday he has an English test. Like I said, it is a huge difference....almost like he skipped a grade. I'm in for a ride this year. Maybe we'll just learn together!!!!

2 comments:

sara said...

I feel the same way about 3rd grade! We learn just as much as them :)

Unknown said...

If it makes you feel any better, I hadn't heard of the first few guys you mentioned, either!