BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

future choices

I've been really busy the last week subbing. I subbed Thursday for Jenna's class, Friday for Jacob's class, half day on Monday and all day today for Joshua's class. I have really enjoyed it, but I can tell it is also wearing down my body. I'm still working at the preschool, and running around like a crazy woman, so I think all of that added together has hit me.
Anyway, Mrs. Davis thanked me the other day for subbing. She said it was so nice to call someone who wanted to work and would tell her yes, unless I was working. More and more I don't see a non-teaching job opening up for next year, but I'm still hopeful for the future. She did tell me that she would use me as a "full time sub" (love that term), meaning she would call me first like she does now. They plan on having 12 teachers next year, maybe 13, if Joshua's class can grow enough to split. I don't think that will happen. Anyway, she told me each teacher can take 8 days off. Some don't take anything or don't use up the 8 days. Some use more than 8 days. That is 96 possible days off. If I got 55 days of subbing (that sounds like A LOT) than I would make as much as preschool......hmmm something to think about I guess.
Enrollment is down at preschool still. I'm thinking I will not get 5 days next year, and right now no one is secure in their job. Just more thought into what to do next year!!!!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmm....
Have you checked into subbing at WCA or a public school? Not sure what they're requirements are, but that might add some extra dough.
And I TOTALLY understand what you mean about being exhausted. I can't help but wonder if that's why I had so many migraines when I was in school or working. It's really too much to handle a house, a job, and a family.