BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, August 20, 2010

Chicago

I flew out yesterday for Chicago. I sat by a really nice lady from VA and we talked the entire time. The flight went by so quickly by having her there. I felt like I was talking to a friend! I was so proud of myself because after I landed I found the metro train all by myself. In fact, this was the easiest metro I have ever taken. I was able to find the hotel all by myself. It only cost $2.25 to get to down town Chicago....much cheaper than a $50 taxi! (just another way to save money). I found Jack, got to my room and then he had to return to work. I did what any mom without kids would do......go shopping! I loved going down Michigan Ave....American Girl....all the other stores. I then walked to Navy Pier and looked around, came back to relax and then headed out to Millineum Park. Jack and his two co-workers ordered room service to their conference room, so I had a nice dinner of salad, cocktail shrimp, rolls, ribs, and fries!! Poor Jack has worked the past two nights until 2 am, so pray for him. All I can say is that God has provided the money for my airline ticket. (we used our credit card points to pay for one way and I paid for the other.....another way to save money). Jack is still working now and is exhausted....but tonight we are celebrating our anniversary (23rd) by going to the Chicago Chop House!! We'll spend time tonight together and most of the day tomorrow before heading home. Having a great time, even though most of it has been alone. Will show pictures when I get home.

0 comments: