BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

New "Patio"











Jack finally completed our patio set, and I know he will never do another one in his life time. Trying to get that level was a chore and I appreciate all his hard work. About two years ago for our anniversary we found a patio set on clearance at Home Depot. We bought it because I had always wanted one. We set a few bricks out by the set of the deck. Needless to say it wasn't quite big enough and our budget ran out at that point!! Two years later the bricks had weeds growing and it looked horrible. Jack moved it up the hill, bought more bricks, dug a hole and started leveling each and every one. The tree gives the table a lot of shade from about 1-2 pm on. I wanted to get Jack something "special" and unique for his b-day so I started searching for patio umbrellas. Needless to say I was shocked by the price and they were consistent wherever I went....Lowes, Target, Walmart etc. I was hoping they would start to go on clearance, but no such luck (and they are still not on clearance). I checked Ebay and got one brand new. The cost INCLUDING shipping was less than half of what most stores were asking. I think it adds a nice touch. I hope to get some planters or one of those fireplace things to add a final touch.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks great! Jack did a great job in getting everything level. That's certainly not an easy task! I'll be dividing some of my lilies and gladioulas (not sure how to spell that one!) this fall if you want some of the bulbs.