BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Uncertainties.......

I recently saw a billboard that said "don't ask God to guide your footsteps if you're not willing to move your feet". I liked that a lot. We are facing a lot of uncertainties right now. First of all, we found out two weeks ago that Jack will not be able to stay on another year. There were rumors and hopes that they would offer him to stay on another year and work from home. I guess I got my hopes up. The money we would save on gas, having my husband home to be with me at a good hour every night, being able to eat family dinners together......all these things which are really hard for us to do right now. God has other plans. He had a phone interview last week and they are wanting another phone interview next week and a possible "live" interview to follow. It gets confusing.....do we try to pursue something now and hope they'll wait for us (January), do we just leave when he gets an offer and forget the bonus and severance for staying until the end, or do we wait closer to the end before looking?
I left preschool officially about 3-4 weeks ago. Wow, was that one of the hardest decisions I had to make. I miss my kids already. I miss all the pictures and presents they would make me. I miss the kind words from parents. So far, it's been pretty good. I have subbed the last three days and have really liked it. I was working for Joshua's teacher for an hour or two every morning. That was supposed to be for a week, but ended up being three. The principal wanted me to continue as a teacher's aide working 1-2 hours a day, but the school board leader didn't approve it because he didn't think it was in the budget for Southside. I really thought God was opening a "surprise door" for me....something better than preschool, but once again, I was disappointed. I guess I'll go on being a sub, volunteer, and available to my kids as they need it. I'll continue to run errands, clean the house (only to have it messed up once everyone gets home) and do what I'm supposed to do. I know there is a reason why I needed to leave preschool.....just not sure yet what the reason was. Who knows, maybe I'll be home schooling next year, maybe I'll become an aide, or maybe I can get a position to be a lead teacher somewhere else!!.......to be continued when more things become clear!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your billboard quote made me laugh! I told Bobby the other night it was probably time we stopped discussing future options and started praying, but I was a little hesitant to do so. How do you pray, Lord, guide our steps, but don't stretch me.?
I'll be praying as y'all make decisions and consider options! (for God to guide you, that is. :))

Lydia said...

You know I'm praying!!! Delight your self in the Lord and He WILL give you the desires of your heart (cause they will be HIS desires for you:))

Jack said...

He has a plan. I wish I was in on it but not yet. I know it will be good whatever it is for He is good.